Wednesday, August 11, 2010

California Gurls

I keep wondering what it's like for the rest of the country to hear California Gurls by Katy Perry. I can't imagine that the rest of the country doesn't like the song, because it's a huge hit by now. But are girls from Iowa or Pennsylvania or Washington jealous? How do they feel about a song that is basically saying they're not as good as a California Girl? Or maybe they just don't think about it and just enjoy the song. Then you have to wonder though about the original California Girls by the Beach Boys, not to mention the greatest rappers ever singing California Love. Is California really as good as these people make it out to be? I think it is.

Caveat - As much as I love real California girls, and they are amazing, I've met a lot of wonderful and beautiful girls from outside the Golden State, Katrina, Kelly, Natasha, to name a few.... so please don't take this as my thoughts of girls outside California being inferior, I'm mostly just curious about how people view the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment