Thursday, August 19, 2010

Expendables Review

Alright, I'm not going to go into super detail about the movie, I am just going to say that it was AWESOME! It was exactly what I was expecting. The fight scenes were sweet, death scenes were cool, you really couldn't ask for a better film considering all the actors were in the same movie.

My favorite scene was probably the scene with Sly, Arnold, and Bruce. Mostly because I know they are all really good friends and they probably had so much fun making this movie. But most importantly, you could tell there were some inside jokes going on, and I like that stuff. Also, Bruce had one of the best lines I've ever heard, followed by an awesome laugh. It was classic.

We talked for awhile last night about which death scene was out favorite, and there were multiple that people chose. I'm not going to detail them here, but just to say that it gave us at least 20 minutes of talking just about which scene was our favorite, shows that there were a lot and there was some really cool killing in this movie.

The one and only complaint I have is that there are at least three people that should have been in it; Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Steven Seagal. I heard Seagal and Van Damme actually refused, which was idiotic since this was the best movie ever, but I'm not so sure about Chuck Norris being asked or not, I haven't heard anything. Below you'll also find my list of honorable mentions that easily could have been in the movie, and hopefully will be a part of the sequel, if they make it.

All in all though the movie was just plain old awesome. My 12 year old self came out last night and just loved it. I definitely recommend this movie.

Honorable Mentions:
Chuck Norris
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Steven Seagal
Mel Gibson
Wesley Snipes
Michael Beihn
Kurt Russel
Val Kilmer
The Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment