Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Transformers 3

Alright, I know it is way too early to be talking about Transformers 3, since it's still filming right now and doesn't even come out until next summer. BUT, I just watched the 2nd one the other day and had a couple thoughts about the next. Here they are:

1) Grimlock - one of the best and most beloved transformers from the original cartoon (where this all started) and he wasn't in the first or second movie because, at least from what I heard, the director didn't think it would work having him as a T-Rex. Well....first off, in the cartoon it worked, he walked around and kept up with everybody, so no big deal there. Secondly, he, and all the other transformers for that matter, could fly if they needed to, so you could always bring that in. Lastly, and most importantly, he doesn't even have to stay as a T-Rex. I'm sure some people would be mad, but I'm a pretty huge fan of Grimlock and still ok with this scenario, is that he comes to Earth in the 3rd one, lands near a museum, copies a T-Rex and that's what he is, but then soon after Optimus, or Bumblebee, or somebody else makes fun of how he's a prehistoric dinosaur, so he changes into something else. Just like Megatron changed from the first movie (plane) to the second movie (tank). It wouldn't be hard. Plus, the best part about Grimlock is how he talks and how cool he is. I don't think it would be hard to pull this off.

2) Megan Fox and her replacement - Yes, they are both hot, that's the entire idea of all this. I get it, and I'm not saying they are unattractive, obviously they're not. I do have to say though, is that I could care less about having a hot girl in a transformer movie. Let alone any people at all. In the cartoon, there were only 2 humans that were constantly around, Spike and his son Daniel. There were random humans, since they were on Earth, but those were the only two hanging around the autobots. Why can't they just not have real people in the movie and make it a robot war? I don't mind Capt. Lennox's role (Josh Duhamel) because he leads a team of soldiers that helps out, he's not getting into stupid drama crap with his girlfriend (or family) that doesn't make any sense in a movie about a robot war. I want you to hear it here first, I could honestly care less if there's a hot chick (or humans at all) in this movie.
*On a side note, Thomas told me a good theory about Megan's replacement, and about how he's kind of a like a slap in the face to Megan. Apparently Megan and the director didn't get along well, and they didn't like working together, so the director just said fine, and went and got somebody else to replace her. The best part is he picked somebody with zero acting experience. Basically stating that this role doesn't require acting at all, it only requires you to be attractive. I like this move.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I will enjoy the movie just like I did the last two, but these are just my thoughts. And don't get me wrong, I love the movies, I think they're both very entertaining, just thought I'd share this while it was on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment