Monday, February 23, 2009

Jeff Adams and Thomas' Art Show

Hi Friends,

Another week has gone by and a lot happened this weekend. It was really fun seeing Jeff for a few days and Thomas' art show was a big hit. I'll try to keep it short but if you're reading this, you know me, I tend to ramble...

I took Friday off due to my awesome work schedule, which meant since Jeff was home for the week, we went bowling Thursday night. Normally this wouldn't happen with work at 6am everyday, but like I said, I took the day off. Nothing too special happened there, except I think we all drank 2 pitchers each, that definitely made our last game the worst one. In fact I think only one of us broke 100 in that last game....that's pathetic.

So Friday morning was hangover city at my house. After waking up and getting enough energy to walk out to the couch, I turned on the tv and took a little nap. It definitely helped, but didn't cure me. The night before we made plans to do things during the day, starting at 11, so at that time, my head still pounding, I went to pick up Jeff. We went up to Stanford and walked "the dish." Which is about 3.5 miles of trails through some hills with some pretty good views of the bay area. Normally we would walk a little faster, but we were both hurting a little bit and decided to take a nice and easy stroll. When we finished up there it was lunch time so we headed to one of our favorite spots, the Dutch Goose. It's a local favorite for burgers and beer, although we didn't have a beer during lunch, which was my fault. I needed a soda to completely recover.

A burger and fries later, we headed back to my house to drop the car off, filled up a red cup each with some leftover Snowshoe and started walking downtown. Bandera's was closed at 2:30pm so we went to the "new" bar, 1st and Main. We called Bryan around 3 to entice him to get off work and come meet us for a drink, which he did, and showed up around 3:30. A beer or two later, it was 5:30, and time to get going since we were meeting at 6:30 with our parents to go to the Boardwalk for dinner. Dinner was good as always but a little more low key than usual. I think that had to do with out previous 4 or 5 hours of drinking and being in the sun, tired us out a little bit.

Once we got back home we were rejuvinated and ready to make it a fun night. We just played some games for about an hour and then called a cab to take us to downtown Palo Alto to check out the bars down there. Well the cab took longer than expected, and we didn't end up getting to PA til around midnight, which actually wasn't that bad. It was pretty uneventful for awhile, and pretty quiet, but then we ran into some old friends at Old Pro and hung out for a bit. It came time to leave and we headed home.

Saturday was a pretty good day....I helped Thomas set up for his art show in the morning, but then we all went to Su Hong for lunch and that was delicious. We watched Me, Myself and Irene and I must say that is a really underrated movie. I've seen it before but there are some really funny lines in that movie. That pretty much consumed our afternoon until Thomas' show started at 6. That was a great time.

The art show had 3 sections of photos, all of which were really good, one of them so good I decided to buy it, and I really wasn't expecting to buy anything. There was wine and snacks and the whole thing turned into a huge social event. A ton of people came and some even said they were going to go down to PA later that night to check it out. We tried to tell them they'd be missing out by not going to 1st and Main (walking distance) but they wanted a better crowd I think. Either way the show ended at 10 and we all left to go downtown to the bar and that turned into a great time. A bunch of people showed up, drinks were bought, shots were taken, saw some old friends. I love that place. Walked home with the guys and parted ways as we passed by the houses, then called it a night.

Sunday was couch day. I rested all day and it was magnificent. We watched some golf on tv, Phil pulled ou the win which is cool, and I'm really excited for next week when Tiger is back. That should be very interesting. I really hope he completely dominates, but we'll see what happens. Later that afternoon we went over to the neighbors for a drink which was fun, I always like hanging out with them, and then just hung out until bed time.

All in all it was a really good weekend. Jeff unfortunately had to leave Sunday back for Michigan, but while I'm on the subject, if anybody knows of any jobs in advertising, please let me know. He's looking for something. It doesn't have to in California either.

Anyway that's it for now. Sorry it got long again, but nobody has complained yet so until somebody does, I'm just going to keep doing it how I want to do it. I hope you all are doing well and check back soon.

To get back to the All Cal site, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment