Monday, February 9, 2009

Washington DC and York, PA

Hey Boys and Girls,

Well it's Monday night, so I thought I'd reflect on last weeks happenings. Shouldn't be too long, but we'll see where it goes once I get started...

Obviously during the week last week was pretty boring, for you guys that are reading my blog, since I just worked. So we'll skip to Wednesday afternoon when my dad and I flew out to Washington DC to visit my brother for the weekend. That day was also fairly boring and uneventful, nothing cool happened at the airport or on the plane. We didn't get in til after midnight so we were both pretty tired. Anyway Erik picked us up and we made it back to his place to crash on his futon and air mattress.

Thursday was full of errands. We borrowed the Shuckley's car (you like that Jimmy?) which was a huge help to us, and ran errands for Erik, picking up stuff at Costco and doing laundry. Things that are tough for him in the city without a car all the time. We also went out to Arlington National Cemetery to say hi to Grandpa which was nice. That night we went out with Erik's graduate school friends for a free happy hour, and then of course went big after that. I don't even remember where we had dinner, but I know we ended up at Old Glory in Georgetown which is always a good time. Jill hung out for a bit but then pulled a Jason Bourne and disappeared without telling anybody. Oh well. Somehow we made it back to the hotel and crashed after getting some late night pizza.

Friday was hangover city and I was the mayor. It was tough, but we pulled through and ran some more errands, then hung at the hotel a bit and watched a movie while we rested. It was nice, We watched "You Don't Mess With The Zohan." Not a great movie, but it had some funny parts. That night we met some good family friends and went to dinner at Peking Gourmet Inn, it has the best duck in the world. It's delicious. After that we tried to go out but just weren't in the mood, so we called it a night.

Saturday for some reason my bother and dad wanted to get out of the hotel and do stuff, instead of being lazy, but it was a really nice day so I complied. We went to the Museum of American History at the Smithsonian and checked out some cool stuff. After that I convinced them to rest and watch a movie, which they later agreed we should have done all day. We opened a bottle of wine while watching, and then another, and another. We watched the Narnia sequal which was just ok too, not great. But the wine was delicious, as always. For dinner we met up with Jimmy and Tammy again, went to Ruth's Chris for a nice steak. The food was amazing but the service was pretty bad. Didn't bother us too much, we were having a good time. From there we went out and tried to get the night going by taking some shots, but that just turned out to be a bad idea. Got home soon after that and went to sleep.

Sunday we had to wake up early to take my dad to the airport which wasn't very fun, but it was something we had to do. Then Erik and I ran some more errands that afternoon and picked up my rental car which I needed for Monday. That night was just some dinner and we watched 3:10 To Yuma, Erik hadn't seen it before. Then crashed at his place again.

Monday morning came and I had to drive up from Washington DC to York, PA. It's about 2 hours north and a really beautiful drive (if you bypass Baltimore and go the scenic route). I went up to our BAE facility there to meet with a lady who was training me on a new computer program we have. I'll be the resident expert at the Santa Clara site. When that was over after a few hours, I drove back down to Baltimore to catch my flight home that afternoon. Of course it was delayed and I'm still not home yet. As I type this I'm sitting in the Denver airport waiting for my connecting flight to take off.

All in all a good weekend. Nothing super crazy to report, nothing bad either which is good. This week at work won't be too great, especially tomorrow considering I'm getting in late tonight, but I'll make it work.

I hope you all are enjoying the blogs, let me know if they are too boring or if you want other things to talk about. I'm sure now that I'm getting back to town I'll update it more than just once a week so keep checking back if you'd like. Until then, be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!

To get back to the All Cal site, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment